Plated-through hole repairing
BEFORE REPAIR :
Damage put in evidence:
9 ruptured tracks / 21 perforations on substrate due to unsuitable tool usage
/ 4 damaged plated holes
AFTER REPAIR :
Operations applied on each hole
Multi-layer connection repairing
8 plated holes torn off on connector
Repairing a plated-through hole
- Spot facing on both sides for eyelet slot.
- Eyelet presentation, length and ø adjustment.
- Clearing of the internal layers for connection.
- Eyelet crimping / Preparing, adjusting and brazing the tracks.
- Correction to perforations.
with connection on internal layer.
- Remove the metallized shaft.
- Clear the internal track by milling the substrate.
- Adjust a spare eyelet.
- Connect the eyelet to the internal track with a flange.
- Reconstitute the substrate.
- Crimp the eyelet.
- Braze and finish.